In order to have a safe and enjoyable environment for all our Club members we ask all our members and guests to follow these rules. Members in violation of these rules are subject to membership review by the Board of Directors:
- Diapers: All babies and non-toilet trained children must wear disposable swim diapers, in addition to plastic/rubber pants when using the main or baby pools.
- NO GLASS is allowed in the pool or the pool surround AT ANY TIME. Beverages from glass containers must be poured into a plastic or other suitable container. There will be a $50 fine if caught with glass, even if no breakage has occurred. If glass breaks, the member is responsible for all cleanup costs, including but not limited to draining and refilling the entire pool. Members are responsible if their guest breaks a glass in the pool area.
- Swimming when no lifeguard is on duty is forbidden, except as directed by the Board of Directors.
- All non-swimming children of any age are not allowed in the main pool without an adult accompanying them.
- All swimmers must be wearing generally accepted swimming attire.
- Children under the age of 10 years of age must be accompanied by an adult (18 or over).
- Unescorted children may be requested to pass a swimming test at the discretion of the pool manager or lifeguard.
- Baby Pool: No child over age 4 is permitted in the baby pool at any time, including during Adult Swim. All children using the baby pool must be accompanied by an adult.
- Adult Swim: Adult swim is scheduled for the last 15 minutes of each hour of the pool’s operation. Only non-swimming children, age 2 and under, who are accompanied by an adult may be in the pool during adult swim. No other children are allowed in the pool during adult swim.
- All children under the age of 18 will be required to rest out of the water for the last 15 minutes of every hour as required by the lifeguard. Break times will be strictly enforced!
- Food/Beverages: Food is permitted in the pool and clubhouse area. Parents are responsible for cleaning up after their children (this may include hosing down an area, if necessary, to prevent the spread of ants and other insects).
- Unscheduled parties are prohibited. If caught, the party shall be immediately terminated and the responsible member will be fined $100 for the first offense. A second offense shall initiate a membership status review meeting with HHSTC Board of Director representatives. If the determination is made to do so, membership may be terminated without refund. Please refer to our Party Rental Policy for additional information.
- Kitchen/Clubhouse: Only adults are permitted to use the kitchen. Children under the age of 18 should not be in the kitchen unless accompanied by an adult. The HVAC in the clubhouse is for sanctioned use only. Please refrain from using it unless you have approval from the Board of Directors.
- Smoking is not allowed on Club property.
- Parents are asked to encourage children to use the toilet before taking a shower or using the pool. BE AWARE THAT ANY EXCREMENT (STOOLS, DIARRHEA, OR VOMITING) IN EITHER THE MAIN POOL OR BABY POOL WILL NECESSITATE CLOSING THE POOLS.
- Persons having a skin disease, inflamed eyes, cold, nasal or ear discharge or any communicable disease will be excluded from using the pool.
- Persons having open blisters, cuts or skin abrasions are hereby warned that these might become infected and are advised not to use the pool.
- Spitting, spouting of water or blowing the nose in the pool is strictly forbidden.
- No dogs or other pets will be permitted in the pool area. This is a county regulation and the pool could be closed if this rule is violated.
Pool personnel is charged with full responsibility of the pool and children’s safety in the pool. Guards and Pool Committee members have authority to remove members from the pool area if in their opinion, the members conduct may be in violation of the safety and comfort of Club members. Violators may be subject to suspension and/or revocation of pool privileges if deemed appropriate by the Board and Pool Committee.
- No swimming is permitted unless a qualified lifeguard is on duty.
- No running or rough play in the pool area.
- No swimming in diving area unless the lifeguards have closed the diving board.
- Only one person will be allowed on the diving board at a time.
- No floats are permitted in the diving well while the diving board is in use
- Divers will jump straight ahead from the diving board; jumping from the sides will not be permitted.
- No diving in shallow water beyond where marked on the coping.
- No Frisbees allowed in the pool area.
- Rafts, floats, inner tubes, may be used at the lifeguard’s discretion.
- Forward or backward somersaults will not be allowed off the side of the pool.
RULES OF CONDUCT
- Members and guests will park in parking lot, only utilizing the street if the lot is full.
- Personal Conduct in the pool and bathhouse must be such that the safety of the individual and others is not jeopardized.
- Damage to Club property, including trees and shrubbery will not be permitted and any member, member’s children or guests who cause any damage will be held responsible.
- No fighting or profanity. Violators will be required to leave.
- Public drunkenness will not be tolerated. Alcoholic beverages should be consumed in moderation. All persons showing signs of intoxication will be asked to leave the pool.
- The use of Smokeless Tobacco is prohibited at the Club at all times.
- Smoking and alcohol are prohibited at swim meets.
- Please place all waste materials in the proper disposal containers.
- No gum allowed in the pool area.
- Please do not drag pool furniture across the deck. We have replaced all of our pool furniture in 2007-2008 and re-poured all of the concrete around the pool in 2008. We would like to keep both of these improvements in excellent condition for as long as possible.
- Club Members are not allowed on the lifeguard tower at any time
- Premises must be vacated at closing time.
- All adult members should have the appropriate membership tags with them while in the pool area so they can easily identified by the lifeguards on duty.
- The enforcement of all rules and regulations are entrusted to the pool manager and the lifeguards. For serious or repeated rule of safety violations, the lifeguards will adhere to the following protocol:
- Warn the individual once that their behavior must immediately stop.
- If the warning is not effective or the individual commits another offense, they will be required to “sit out” of the pool for 15 minutes.
- If the individual refuses to “sit out” or after “sitting out” the individual commits another offense, they will be required to immediately leave the premises for the remainder of the day regardless of whether they are accompanied by an adult.
- If an individual is asked to leave the premises 3 times within a season, their pool use privileges may be revoked for the remainder of the season.
- Plans for all parties must be made through the Rental Chairperson.
- Party hosts may be subject to an extra charge for an additional lifeguard, depending on the time and the day of the party.
The enforcement of all rules and regulations are entrusted to the pool manager and the lifeguards. Complaints or suggestions concerning the management of the pool may be directed to the Pool Operations Chairperson or any of the members of the Board of Directors.